Reasons to Choose Teesside University
Teesside University is one of United Kingdom’s Universities.
For over 85 years, we have fostered creativity, enterprise and innovation, shaping the lives of students from over 100 countries worldwide.
We generate and apply knowledge that contributes to the economic, social and cultural success of students, partners and the communities we serve. Through education enriched by research, innovation and engagement with business and the professions, we transform lives and economies.
We have been listed Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017, and we are listed in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2017-18.
We have recently invested over £270m in our award-winning campus, and have a further £300m of development planned.
- Founded on a rich past – Over 80 years of innovation in education.
- One of the top UK Universities for widening participation in higher education.
- Investment of £300m on our friendly campus in the town of Middlesbrough.
- We are research active – with an international reputation for excellence in enterprise.
- Our alumni has gone on to great things – Marek Reichman, Design Director for Aston Martin; Guy Lawrence CEO of Rogers Communications, Canada (formerly CEO of Vodafone UK); Hollywood Actor Jamie Dornan; Roger Shannon, Cannes award-winning film producer; Graeme Burnett, Senior Vice- President of Delta Airlines (formerly SVP of TOTAL Energy); Andy Ireland, renowned sports physiotherapist for Grand Slam tennis star Andy Murray.
- Investors in People Gold – one of only five UK universities to receive cross-University accreditation.
- Tees Valley is one of the country’s best kept secrets. We’ve got top surf, a national park on the doorstep plus unique shopping and culture, bars and famous clubs.
- A silver rating in the Government’s new Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- Listed in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018
- The Dean from Teesside University travels often to this campus to oversee the academic aspects of the programmes and to ensure a high standard of academic delivery here. This is a joint arrangement by Teesside University.
- Over 85 years of teaching and learning – we were officially opened in 1930 as Constantine Technical College to support Middlesbrough’s booming engineering and shipping industries
- Teesside University is ranked 15th in the UK out of 126 universities in the university of the year category, in the The Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2018
- Teesside University is ranked in the 151-200 band of 250 global universities aged 50 years or under in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings*
- www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2018/young-university- rankings/
• Teesside University is ranked joint 34th out of 116 UK universities for student experience (Times Higher Education student experience survey 2018) timeshighereducation.com/student/news/student-experience-survey-2018-results
Teesside University is ranked number one of 120 world universities for overall average satisfaction (International Student Barometer 2017)*
*Based on the views of 409 students. i-graduate.org/assets/ISB-Autumn- 2017.pdf
• Ranked joint 39th in the country for graduate prospects (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018) thetimes.co.uk/article/good-university-guide-2018-in-full-tp6dzs7wn
129 institutions participated
Teesside University received a silver rating for the University in the Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework. timeshighereducation.com/news/tef-results-times- higher-education-metrics-ranking
138 universities were rated
• Listed in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 timeshighereducation.com/world-university- rankings/2018/worldranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/c ols/scores